Director – Dr Simon Whiteley
Research Sister & Coordinator – Sn Sr Elizabeth Wilby
CTA – Abigail Speight
SJUH Current Trials
- UKROX -Evaluating the clinical and cost-effectiveness of a conservative approach to oxygen therapy for invasively ventilated adults in intensive care.
- Adapt-Sepsis- Biomarker-guided duration for sepsis
- Remap-Cap ( Covid & Non Covid)– Randomized, Embedded, Multifactorial Adaptive Platform trial for Community-Acquired Pneumonia
- Genomiccs-Genetics of mortality in Critical Care Genetics
- Signet– Statins for improving Organ outcome & Transplantation
- A2B– Alpha 2 agonists for sedation to produce better outcomes from critical illness.
- Astop- Antifungal stewardship opportunities with rapid tests for fungal infection in critically ill patients
LGI Current Trials
- BIS-TBI The use of Bispectral Index monitoring to assess depth of sedation in patients with traumatic brain injury
- Signet- Statins for improving Organ outcome & Transplantation
- Genomiccs– Genetics of mortality in Critical Care Genetics
- Tight K+- Prevention of dysthymias on the cardiac ICU- does maintenance of high normal serum levels matter?
We are also running a number of in house research and quality improvement programs including:
- Protocolised sedation management
- Code Red Investigations of incidents
- Intentional Rounding
- Safety Huddles
- CRRT improvement program
- Delerium identification and management
- Sepsis recognition and timely blood cultures
There is significant opportunity to become involved in such projects whilst working with us as a trainee, trust grade doctor or advanced nurse practitioner.